The 10 Best Items to Buy at the Dollar Store
We all know that everything costs a dollar at dollar stores, but this does not mean that everything is worth the buck. There are some items that are an incredible value at just one dollar. This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “stretch your dollar.” Let’s take a look at the 10 best items to buy at the dollar store with your dollar.
- Storage Containers: These are probably one of the most versatile items at the dollar store. You will be able to find bins and containers of all sizes and shapes for every room in your household. Find containers to organize your bathroom, kitchen, or office area for just a dollar.
- Party Supplies: This is a big one if you have kids. You will be able to find all kinds of supplies to make your party fun and budget-friendly. Cups, plates, utensils, napkins, streamers, decorations, balloons – you name it, the dollar store has it!
- Hair Accessories: This is also a very popular category at the dollar store. Hair accessories are just something you don’t want to spend tons of money on. You will be able to find a wide variety of hair brushes, combs, clips, and ties at the dollar store.
- Tools: The dollar store will not carry brand-name power tools, but the tools available are great for small projects. You can find screwdrivers, hammers, tape measurers, and other handy items at your local dollar store. For this reason, tools are one of the 10 best items to buy at the dollar store.
- Gardening Supplies: If you are homeowner, you know that gardening supplies can get expensive. There is no need to spend so much money on items that are exactly the same at the dollar store. You will be able to find pots, watering cans, gloves, and even small gardening tools.
- Kitchen Utensils: Dollar stores have an amazing range of kitchen tools and gadgets that we use on a daily basis. Spatulas, serving spoons, ladles, and large forks are just some of the handy kitchen utensils you will find. Plastic versions are also amazing for outdoor/picnic use.
- Shampoos and Soaps: This one may catch some people off guard, but it is no secret that most generic shampoos and soaps have the same ingredients as their pricier counterparts. As long as you don’t mind using generic brands, these get the job done just as well as fancy soaps and shampoos.
- Home Decor: This is a great category at the dollar store because you can really find some amazing deals. Artificial flowers, fancy looking vases, and nice quality frames are just a few of the items you can find to revamp your home.
- Toothpaste and Toothbrushes: Some dollar stores such as Dollar King carry great brand-name toothpastes and toothbrushes such as Colgate. For those days when you need them fast or do not want to make the trip to other big stores, the dollar store has got you covered.
- Makeup: Just like drugstore makeup brands, dollar store makeup brands have upped their quality in recent years. They are a hot, in-demand item because of their affordability. They are great for makeup lovers who are starting out their collection of makeup, or who want to test certain makeup items without the monetary commitment.
There you have it – the 10 best items to buy at the dollar store. Whether you enjoy shopping at the dollar store or not, there is no one that does not enjoy saving money here and there. Try out some of these products for yourself the next time you take a trip to the dollar store!