How to Be a Smart Dollar Store Shopper Online
Most of us think of shopping as a fun, enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, not every purchase is satisfying. All of us have experienced that amazing deal that ends up falling apart after a couple of uses. Dollar stores in particular tend to get a bad rap when it comes to poor quality. The truth is, it is important to be a smart shopper and understand where to find the best values. Once you know how to be a smart dollar store shopper online, you will realize that your dollar goes a long way.
There are some items at the online dollar store that simply look too good to be true. So how can you tell if an item is worth your money before you add it to your cart? Here are some tips that will help you decide:
- Pick It Up – If the item you considering has a nice, dense feel to it, it is probably a good buy. For example, when you hold up a towel to the light, you should not be able to see through the weave. Another example would be small tools – if a screwdriver looks and feels sturdy, then it will probably last for a long time. Glassware is usually a great purchase as well – just be wary of dents or ripples in the glass.
- Test It – Always test the products to make sure they function as they should. Open and shut lids on items such as cans and canisters. In addition, if you are considering an item such as a cushion cover, test the zipper a few times to make sure it zips easily. If you are slightly on the fence, it is best not to add that item to your cart.
- Check Dates – When purchasing food and candy items, always make sure to check expiration dates. This also includes dry goods such as cereals, crackers, chips, etc.
- Check Size – You may know your general size, but that size may not always match up with clothing items at the dollar store. For example, if you are a size medium in a top, don’t immediately add the medium to your cart. Eyeball the next size up to decide whether it will be a better fit, because some clothing items may run small. As a seasoned dollar store shopper, I can say that socks are one of the best buys at the dollar store. This is especially true for children who outgrow their socks at lightning speeds.
- Learn From Mistakes – The best way to know how to be a smart dollar store shopper online is to begin testing them out. Once you have received your purchase in the mail, you will understand whether the items you ordered work for you. Did you like those oven mitts? You can order another pair. Did that vase look amazing in your living room? You can buy a matching one for your dining room.
To sum up, the saying “you get what you pay for” is not always true at the dollar store. Once you know how to be a smart dollar store shopper online, you will be able to decide what works for you. Most times, the best way to decide whether something works is to try it yourself.